Professional Development Fund: Click the Tab on the MAHSLIN Home Page
· assist award recipients to increase professional knowledge and skills, ultimately improving their patrons' access to health information
· encourage professional knowledge sharing amongst colleagues across the region
· support and encourage professional development opportunities
· promote the profession of health sciences librarianship
Jay Daly Information Technology Grant: Click the Tab on the MAHSLIN Home Page
· To enrich the health sciences library profession through the dissemination of information on state-of-the-art library technologies and information systems.
· To help health sciences librarians implement technology best practices.
MEDLIB-ED helps keep you alerted on NNLM & MLA training – SIGN UP FOR MEDLIB-ED Today
Not an MLA Member? No Problem – Register as a Free Guest
· Access your MEDLIB-ED learner account
· Apply for grants and awards that do not require MLA membership
· Apply for AHIP credentialing (as non-member)
· Subscribe to the print Journal of the Medical Library Association (as non-member)
· Join MLA's public communities
· MEDLIB-ED provides a single point of access for all health information professionals. This provides unprecedented opportunities for MLA members, other organizations and associations, and private sector providers to reach all health information professionals with relevant online educational opportunities and provide access to professional development offerings.
· MEDLIB-ED is an online environment with integrated tools and resources for all MLA learners, instructors, and administrators and for all health information professionals around the globe. It is accessible anytime and from anywhere on any device.
· MEDLIB-ED significantly expands our capacity to deliver high quality, online professional development services to the health information community. It is a powerful new way to create, manage and deliver e-learning courses.
· One place to look for Education Opportunities https://nnlm.gov/training/schedule
This is the link to the Calendar: https://www.nnlm.gov/training
Mass Library System Training Calendar and More: https://www.masslibsystem.org/
-- Mass Library System & MAHSLIN Massachusetts Health Sciences & Special Librarians Check-In July 9th 11am – 12N and again in August
IHI - Institute for Healthcare Improvement has excellent free classes in addition to tuition-based ones: http://www.ihi.org/Pages/default.aspx
Lynda.com @ your Public Library – Learn Excel, Software, Business Skills and so much more.
Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/ for all sorts of brief videos on statistics and more!
EdX 2500 courses from 140 institutions including MIT, Harvard, and more https://www.edx.org/
Class Central - More excellent online courses from around the World. Topics from Mountains 101 to Six Sigma and Discovering your Hidden Potential https://www.classcentral.com/collection/top-free-online-courses
Training Magazine for the professional trainers – offers free courses on all sorts of training related needs and issues that can add to your presentation tool kits. https://trainingmag.com/
OCLC Training & Events https://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction.html
IMLS – Institute for Museum & Library Services https://infopeople.org/training
Florida Library Webinars https://floridalibrarywebinars.org/100-places-to-educate-yourself-online-for-free-ondemand/