Based on the positive response last year, the NAHSL conference will once again offer a Lightning Presentations session in lieu of a traditional print poster session. Similar to the MLA Ignite Sessions, the Lightning Presentation format allows each presenter exactly 5 minutes to speak, accompanied by 20 slides that automatically advance every 15 seconds.
Topics for Lightning Presentations may include anything related to health, librarianship, technology, or any subject related to the conference theme. Presentations will be selected via a competitive review process.
The Lightning Presentations session at the 2012 NAHSL Conference will be held Monday October 29, 2012 from 4:15 to 5:15 pm.
Here are the Presentations and Presenters:
- A Knowledge Repository for the Hospital Library
Dina J. McKelvy, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME
- A Digital Collection of Medical Student Research
Donna L. O'Malley, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Turning Data into Treasure
Evelyn B. Morgen, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT
- What’s Up, Doc? An Analysis of Clinical Questions Asked at Professor Rounds
Nancy A. Bianchi, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Meet Audience Response
Ellen Brassil, Baystate Health, Springfield, MA
- Sharing Our Space - A Success Story
Janet L Cowen, Maine Medical Center, Portland ME
- Manage Copyright - Don’t Let it Manage You: Outreach to Our Patron Communities
Barbara C. Ingrassia, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA