Purpose of this Award
To encourage NAHSL members to apply for and sustain membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP).
First time Academy applicants will be reimbursed for the AHIP application fee ($200 Academy Member level or above, or $135 Provisional member level).
Renewing Academy applicants will be reimbursed at half of the AHIP application fee ($100 Academy Member level or above).
- Current member of NAHSL
- Defined as “Applicants must be a current member of NAHSL and have paid their dues by the application award deadline but no later than March 15 of the current year (whichever comes first). New members of NAHSL who join at mid-year (due to change of job, moving into the area, etc.) will be eligible for award opportunities”
- First time or Renewing applicant for AHIP membership
- Completed AHIP documentation submitted to the MLA and AHIP membership successfully awarded.
- Support for AHIP applications will be considered and weighted for factors such as levels of institutional support; amount of recently received NAHSL awards; professional involvement on the local, state, regional, or national level; statement of purpose for award use; number of applicants per institution; and geographical distribution of applications across the NAHSL region.
- Ten awards for first time applicants will be available
- Five awards for renewing members will be available
- The maximum dollar amount per NAHSL member/five-year period is $200 for first time applicants and $100 for renewing applicants.
- The award will not exceed the actual expense associated with the AHIP application
Submit the following via email to the Credentialing Liaison.
- Application form briefly stating your professional goals and reasons for seeking AHIP credentialing. (Form is available on the NAHSL Professional Development Page)
- Copy of your letter of acceptance into the Academy of Health Information Professionals.
- Proof of payment to MLA - AHIP
- Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- Applications will be reviewed quarterly by the credentialing and professional development committee.
- Awardees will be acknowledged through the NAHSL website, annual conference and social media.
Request for Service to NAHSL
- Awardees are requested to give back to the NAHSL community through mentoring of other librarians interested in the AHIP process, involvement with the Board or committees, or Conference planning.