Click below to see a HSLIC organization brochure.
Health Science Library and Information Consortium
Librarians Helping Librarians
HSLIC's primary goals are to promote health science libraries and librarianship, share knowledge and experiences in library operations and resources, provide continuing development of the framework for resource sharing within Maine and provide opportunities for the continuing education of health science librarians and support personnel. Membership is open to Maine institutions, associations, or individuals.
HSLIC membership provides:
• Resource Sharing – free reciprocal borrowing of library materials.
• Purchasing Power – discounted group rates for desired products.
• Grants and Scholarships – monies to help develop projects.
• Collegiality – a network of professional colleagues from whom you will get advice and valuable feedback. Newsletter and electronic mail services facilitate the sharing of ideas and collegiality.
• Continuing Education Opportunities – access to group-sponsored continuing education activities. Events are held twice a year.
• Disaster Preparedness – participation in the disaster plan enables members to maintain levels of service during internal or external disasters.
Click the link below to see a Google map of HSLIC member libraries.