2014-15 ARIHSL Business Meetings
Wed. Sept 17, 2014, 9am @ Rhode Island Hospital
Wed. Nov 19, 2014, 9am @ Miriam Hospital
Wed. Mar 18, 2015 @ Bryant University
Wed. Jun 17, 2015 @ 5pm
MLA NLM Theater Presentations
At the 2014 Medical Library Association Annual Meeting in Chicago, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) held a variety of presentations in their
exhibit booth to bring users up-to-date on NLM databases and services.
The recordings of the 13 presentations are now available from the NLM Technical Bulletin and can be accessed from the link below.
- To promote resource sharing and information exchange
- To provide a symposium for professional development
- To encourage and maintain interest in health science libraries
- To represent the interests of the Rhode Island health science library community
ARIHSL Business Meeting
Wednesday, September 17, 9am, RI Hospital
The Ebsco Discovery Service Experience at PC
Ebsco Discovery Service is coming soon! Julie Kliever and Janice Schuster from Providence College have been in it from the start, as PC was selected as a beta site. Come and get a high level overview of their EDS experience and what it might be like when EDS takes the place of Serials Solutions in your library. Janice and Julie will be discussing:
- What is EncoreDuet vs. HELIN OneSearch vs. Ebsco EDS?
- What was it like to be the beta location?
- How is EDS working for PC now that the Fall semester has started?
Note: This session is an overview and will serve as an introduction. Separate EDS training for hospital libraries is in the planning stages. Feel free to ask general questions. Very specific questions about functionality and how EDS will work in your library are more appropriate for the training session.
9am Business Meeting
Please RSVP to Madge Boldt by September 10, 2014
Rhode Island Hospital, Cafeteria PDR4-5, 8:45-11:15
- Find your way to the RI Hospital main entrance on Eddy St.
- Park in the Eddy St. Lot to the right of the main entrance.
- Walk up the hill towards the circle, and go into the revolving doors of the RI Hospital main entrance
- Walk straight in, and swing to the right at the Main Elevators sign.
- Walk past the Ladies Room on the left (note location for later!) and the Chapel on the right.
- Take an immediate left at the Jane Brown sign and an immediate right into the cafeteria.
- Go into the cafeteria, heading left towards the trays.
- Grab a coffee or tea, located towards the left near the cashier stations.
- PDR4-5 is only steps away, to the left of the cashier stations.
You buy the beverage, we will supply snacks.
Coffee Prices: 8oz - .85; 12oz. - .99; 16oz. – 1.20; 20oz. – 1.45; travel mug (any size) - .99
Tea prices: Any size (including travel mug) - .85
We will provide free parking coupons that are valid in any visitor lot: Eddy St, Plain St, Willard St. If you know your way around, feel free to park in any of those.
Stay tuned... happy summer!!