Individual: Those with an MLS and an interest in health sciences librarianship. This category constitutes the voting body of the organization.
Associate: Non-MLS holders with an interest in health sciences librarianship.
Student: Students with an interest in health sciences librarianship who are currently enrolled in a masters program in library science.
Emeritus: Awarded to members who have made outstanding contributions to the Association.
Membership Requirements and Suspension
Annual dues shall be due and payable at the beginning of the fiscal year. A member's rights and privileges may be suspended until payment of said dues. Individuals who are three months or more in arrears may not vote, be nominated for or hold office, or hold a seat on any committee. When the treasurer receives dues from a new member, all rights and privileges of the Association shall be granted to that new member. In order to promote professionalism, new members shall be required to fill out a credentials form which will be kept on file by the Membership Chair. (CAHSL Bylaws Article III, Section 4)
Older Executive Board Lists
Executive Board Members
Vice President/President Elect
Responsibilities of the Executive Board
The Executive Committee consists of elected officers and committee chairs. The Executive Committee:
- Conducts the business of CAHSL between regular membership meetings
- Meets a minimum of 5 times a year including the annual meeting
- Formulates yearly goals and objectives in keeping with CAHSL's mission
- Appoints ad-hoc committees and taskforces when necessary
- Recommends bylaw changes
- Determines policies and procedures for CAHSL
- Is responsible for appropriating CAHSL's money
- Determines locations of Executive Board meetings
- Determines CAHSL's reporting year