The NAHSL Annual Meeting scholarship is intended to provide support for members to attend the NAHSL Annual Meeting. Awards may cover some fees associated with the NASHL annual meeting including registration, continuing education, and travel. The award amount will not exceed $150.
Scholarships are awarded as reimbursements. Therefore, if you receive an award, you must register and pay the registration fee. After the conference, you can request to be reimbursed. Additional information can be found in the "Conditions of Award" section below.
The 2017 Annual Meeting will be held in Waltham, MA. Please see the conference page for additional information on the meeting.
Apply by August 31, 2017. Applications forms can be found here.
Full award and eligibility criteria can be found here. A summary is listed below.
- Applicants must be a current members of NAHSL and have paid their dues by the application award deadline but no later than March 15 of the current year (whichever comes first). New members of NAHSL who join at mid-year (due to change of job, moving into the area, etc.) will be eligible for award opportunities.
- Applicants are eligible for multiple awards in a single calendar year as long as the total award amount does not exceed $1,000.
- Applicants must submit their application by the deadline. The Committee will not make exceptions for late applications.
How Applications are Selected for Funding
Award applications will be considered and weighted for factors such as levels of institutional support; amount of recently received NAHSL awards; professional involvement on the local, state, regional, or national level; statement of purpose for award use; number of applicants per institution; and geographical distribution of applications across the NAHSL region.
Conditions of Award
If you receive a scholarship, you agree to the following:
- To write and publish a summary of a speaker/another part of the meeting on NAHSL’s blog within two months of the conference (blog guidelines are posted on the website).
- To within a month of the conference, submit a check request form with appropriate documentation to the Professional Development Chair .All documentation and check requests must be completed by December 1 in the calendar year for which the grant was awarded. Any delay will result in reimbursement rejection.
- To have a great time at the conference!