NEW! - The NAHSL Membership Portal
To join NAHSL or renew your NAHSL membership, you will need to access the NAHSL Membership Portal via "Wild Apricot," our membership management tool. Wild Apricot will allow you to:
- JOIN NAHSL - New Member Instructions
- RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP - Returning Member Instructions
- Update your contact information
- Register for CE, Professional Development and the upcoming fall conference
- Pay dues, conference registration or CE fees via PayPal (or by check)
- Regular membership $50 per year
- Student membership: free!
- New! Retiree membership : $25 per year
Contact Valori Banfi (email@example.com or 860-486-2824) for more information or assistance.
Benefits of NAHSL Membership
- Continuing Education - Participate in NAHSL continuing education courses to stay abreast of the latest in library trends, technology and services. Course offerings are applicable to professionals from all branches of library science. Medical Library Association (MLA) accredited CEs are also offered for many courses.
- Professional Development - Become involved in NAHSL and acquire the information and skills needed to stay on top of the fast moving field of medical librarianship.
- Leadership Opportunities - Take an active part in NAHSL by becoming a member of one of the organizations's committees; Archives, Bylaws, Conference, Education, Electronic Communications, Finance, Government Relations, Marketing, Membership, Nominating, Program and Scholarship.
- Networking - Tap into the most valuable professional resources in the Northeast - your peer librarians. Gather and exchange information with other New England health science librarians at the annual meeting and via the NAHSL listserv.
- Annual Meeting - Attend the annual NAHSL meeting to participate in an exciting array of opportunities. Attend lectures delivered by nationally recognized visionaries and leaders in the field, participate in continuing education and professional development, network with peers and explore different New England cities and towns that host the event each autumn.
- Scholarships - Each year, scholarships are made available to assist members in attending the annual meeting, taking continuing education courses and/or professional development. Technology grants are also available to NAHSL members to implement new initiatives in their workplace.
Membership in the Chapter is open to individuals interested in the health information professions. For more information, contact Valorie Banfi, Chair of the Membership Committee or the NAHSL Chair.
NAHSL-L: Our LISTSERV
About the List
The NAHSL-L Listserv is a forum for the discussion of issues of interest to health science librarians in New England. It is restricted to only active members of NAHSL. The listserv is hosted at the Lamar Soutter Library, University of Massachusetts Medical School.
How to Join the List
As a NAHSL Member, we will automatically add you to the NAHLS Listserv and notify you that this has been done. The Listserv is managed by members of the NAHSL Technology Committee.
See the NAHSL Membership Portal information above for more information.
If you prefer to receive messages from this list in Digest Form, change your profile to this option (after you have been subscribed) by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the text: set NAHSL-l digest
If you would like to unsuscribe to the list send a message to email@example.com with the text: Unsubscribe NAHSL-L
The address for sending a message to the list is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding NAHSL-L should be directed to Len Levin (email@example.com), NAHSL Listserv Manager.